Monday, June 1, 2009

Memorial Day and Such



So I thought I would post a few pictures that my mother-in-law Lindel took of last weekend in South Carolina. It was my last day of school last Friday (22nd) and Richard picked me up and we headed to South Carolina. We got there late Friday night just after Sarah and Ryan and the kids got there. On Saturday I refined my domestic skills by making several quarts of strawberry freezer jam with Sarah...so good! Richard disappeared as usual with a chainsaw and tractor.

That night was Grandma Hawkins 80th surprise birthday party, but unfortunately one of her friends called her about 2 hours before the party and told her that she wasn't going to be able to make it to her suprise birthday. Fortunately, she was still somewhat suprised at the people that Lindel and her sister Deborah were able to find and invite to her party. It was a fun night for her with lots of people and lots of food! I was able to help out using my amazing catering skills...I restocked food! Richard will make fun of me for posting that because according to him, "You love doing that stuff!" and he's right, I do!

Sunday was nice and relaxing. Monday we went to go see Night at the Museum 2 and just hung out with the fam. And we played with Daisy, Sarah and Ryan's cute puppy. It was a great weekend out of Atlanta.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip. We miss you out here. When do we get to see you again??? I hate it when people ruin surprises - at least it still turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you are so glad to be done with school! Yea!! What does this summer have in store for you? A trip to Utah I hope?!?!

    ReplyDelete