Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy Anniversary!



So has it really been three years? Insane in the membrane. Three years full of 4 schools, 4 states, and lots of tuition. Oh and lots of fun too! Even though we are starving students, I decided to give my husband what he really wanted for an anniversary present...a night at Atlanta Braves baseball. I splurged and spent a total of $30 for both of our tickets, which were four rows away from the left fielder! So cool. And who were they playing...none other than our old team, the Houston Astros. We were just about to our seats when the Braves hit a home run! Perfect timing as usual.


It was a night of Richard heckling the left-fielder, Carlos Lee aka El Caballo (the big horse), in Spanish. After Lee was caught trying to steal second, Richard yelled, and I quote (in English): Hey, little horsie, maybe you could have made it if you weren't so fat!" That's my husband. At least the Mexican Astros fans sitting next to me laughed!

It was a perfect night of weather, right up until the 7th inning where it started to rain. It started as a light sprinkle and I wanted to wait it out. Then I realized that it was pouring as we ran the mile to our car. But even that was great, just to get to laugh and run in the rain! Good thing we didn't wait out the 2 hour rain delay, since we left at 10 when it started raining. At least the Braves won! The festivities continued onto our actual anniversary, today. We had lunch at Papasitos, one of our favorite Mexican restaurants ever! I thought that it only existed in Houston, but low and behold there is one in Georgia, right up the freeway. Sweet!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Ya, that sounds like something he would say. Josh and I were just thinking about when he said "It bucked her slam off". Speaking of MacKenzie falling out of her chair. He has some GREAT one liners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avalon! You are the cutest! Why have I not seen you in forever???? Happy Anniversary! I still want to name my first daughter Avalon. Just wanted to let you know.... keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avalon,
    Just so you know, I think dad was jealous that I could not come up with anything half so good for his birthday! He did get to go fishing today, the day after, so there may be some hope for me. Love your blog.
    love you even more.
    Love, Love to you and Richard
    Mom

    ReplyDelete