Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Fall Family Fun




I feel like I missed most of fall, trying to stay inside with my newborn.  Between being sleep deprived and super focused on taking care of Lucy, I hardly noticed anything else going on around me.  I remember driving to church one Sunday and realizing that the leaves had changed colors and were falling and I had no idea when that had happened!  After seeing this, I was determined not to miss anymore of my favorite season. 

So we decided to take Lucy on our first family adventure.  At a park close to our house, they do a program called “Hayrides and Hotdogs” every Thursday in October.  You get to roast a hot dog over a fire for dinner.  They have games, hayrides and the kids are encouraged to dress up in their costumes.  We thought that we would go this route this year instead of taking a 1 month old to the local orchard that is 30 minutes from our house.  Next year we will be hitting up Tanner’s Orchard for sure.  But for a fun little family date night with our new little baby, the park was perfect.  So we dressed little miss up in her cute little bunny costume and headed over.  She slept the whole time, so I am sure she enjoyed it!  Here’s to starting new family traditions!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment